Thursday, October 18, 2012

Homemade Food

Hello,
 I am the other author of this blog. I will not post everyday like Jeff, just once in a while. Today I wanted to post about the benefits of making your own food. If you grab an item in your kitchen, such as a college kid classic of Frozen Chicken nuggets, and read through the ingredient list, I'm pretty sure there will be ingredients that  you don't know how to pronounce or what they even are. Since that is common,  I have started making my own food to the best of my ability. Not only does it give your kitchen more use, but if you make it with someone it can be a fun bonding experience.

Some foods that I have found to be easy to make your own versions of are:

  • Chicken Nuggets
  • Butter
  • Whipped Cream
  • Any type of dessert
  • Bread (and if you don't have a bread oven- there is a way to use a crock-pot)
  • Pasta sauce (Which technically is gravy, not easy, and can be messed up very fast if you don't know what you are doing. But let's face it, it tastes much better than the jarred stuff and is better for you too)
  • Jams
  • French Fries
I know, that is an expansive list. Which is why I have decided to provide recipes for my list when I post, so look for those. That's all for now, good luck on your journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment