Wednesday, October 24, 2012

A little goes a long ways

I'm sure you've all heard a little goes a long ways for many things and the same applies here. Little changes in eating or drinking habits can have a big impact on your body and mind. Those little changes add up quickly when it comes to losing weight and living healthier. I use to put a lot of creamer and sugar in my coffee but in the past 2 weeks have stopped adding anything to my coffee. It took a while to get use to but now that I'm past the taste its great. I also drank a lot of soda and energy drinks so I could stay awake at work. I sit at a desk and talk on the phone all day at work so being inactive helped me gain a lot of weight. Now,I don't go to the vending machine at work get a fancy flavored coffee, soda, or an energy drink, I have 1 mug of coffee in the morning and feel alert and energetic all day. What I have replaced those sugary drinks with? Ice water,  it helps you stay awake and alert. Some of the other changes I came across came on Pinterest. I found a Detox recipe on pinterest but it has acted like a natural energy drink and requires very little to make and enjoy. You just need a pitcher, apples, cinnamon stick, ice and water. You slice the apples into thin slices and combine them with 1 cinnamon stick at the bottom of the pitcher. Then fill the pitcher to the  halfway mark with ice and then fill with water. Sit 10-20 minutes and enjoy! Its quick, simple, cheap, and gives you a great natural  energy boost. So by  doing this I have cut about 700-1300 calories from my daily diet and that leads to weight lose. 

Some other things to try instead of soda is taking tea bags to work and making tea. It's all natural when not adding sugar and is great for your health. The even bigger plus is the money you're saving on all those calories, can converted to a gym membership if you don't have one, or home exercise equipment. 

Another little thing you can do is little exercises. We all live busy hectic lives and don't always have time to dedicate 30 minutes to 1 hour for a good workout session, but we all get 5 minutes here and there that can be great opportunities to burn some extra calories. The one that I'm starting is on my 15 minute break at work is take that time to walk around the building outside. This is a great opportunity for those that work in the office. You are getting fresh air, some sun, the heart rate moving a little, and burning some extra calories. Some other good times to sneak an an exercise it on those commercial breaks. During commercials don't channel surf, get up walk around, do some sit ups, push ups or even some jumping jacks. Just think of all those 5 minutes here and there that can add up though out the day to help become a healthier you. I hope this blog has allowed you to see how a little goes a long way and how all those little things in a day can very easily change you.

Jeffrey

No comments:

Post a Comment