Monday, January 28, 2013

Support systems

Fruit. I love fruit. Actually, that's not true. But my wife does and she has gotten me into eating fruit more and more. It really does have some wonderful health benefits. Do you know what else my wife has gotten me to do? Work out with her, as well as try to eat less meat.  My wife is being my support system, which is very important in losing weight. Today I am going to explain just how much a good support system can help  you on your weight loss journey.

 Having someone who knows what you want can help you stay on track.  There are a lot of people out there in the world who unintentionally can bring you down in your journey : The friend who wants to go out drinking, the girlfriend who bakes brownies, the  food in the break room at work and then the friends who make plans to work out with you but don't. In the beginning of my journey, my wife, she loves to bake, and was one of those unintentional people bringing me down.

But after talking to her, she has been great. She is there for me, making sure I don't give in to the craving for a piece of pizza or running through the drive thru. That is what a support system is. Someone to bring you back on track when you step off of it and someone to make sure that you can stay on track

No comments:

Post a Comment