Sunday, January 13, 2013

My Regards on New Years Resolutions

Hello everyone,
Sorry I haven't been posting like I promised I would. I've been in a slump with being sick and being lazy with my own exercise routine. But I'm back to being healthy and back to living a healthy lifestyle but still learning and improving, and this means more frequent posts. (part of my New Years resolution).
I have made some pretty good progress with losing weight. As some of you may know I started at 328 pounds and weighed in yesterday at 300.7! Slow progress but slowly is a healthier way than losing a ton of weight really quickly just to gain it back in 2-3 months after stopping. For those of you that made New Years resolutions to lose weight or live a healthier life I want to wish you luck and hope you stick to those resolutions. It can be a lot of work depending on exactly what your goal is but as long as you stick with it you will get there.As for me I've been modifying my plans and routines as I go and will give you feedback and advice based on what I discover and hope it can help you with your goals.
This week I'm implementing 3 new parts to my routine. So a quick recap for what I do right now for exercises: I work out at the YMCA doing stationary biking, walking on the treadmill, and weight training exercises. This week I am adding something that I found on pinterest.Its simple and easy to do. You take Popsicle sticks and write exercises that take 10 minutes or less on them. Mine included: xx push ups, xx sit ups, xx flutter kicks, xx weight exercises, xx jumping jacks, some much time jogging in place, and flexibility exercises. You put them all in a cup and when you have 10 minutes to spare pull one out and complete the exercise and put it in the done cup. I have 33 to do and plan on completing it each week. Its easy to do and simple to fit in a busy schedule.
Another part that I am adding to my routine is 30 minute work out dvds. I picked up 30 minute slim down fat burner and 30 minute slim down body sculpt from the dollar tree. My plan is to do each one once a week to throw in some variation into my routine. Along with these my wife got me a personal coach game for our Wii that customizes plans to fit into your schedule and bases your plan on your current fitness level after the initial test and what you want to accomplish.
The last part that I'm introducing is a calorie and fitness journal. So far I have only been using Noom a fitness app on my android but I feel it is better to put it in black and white because it will seem more realistic than a screen on my phone. So that's a long post and will save more for my next post. Good luck to everyone on your resolutions and hope if you have advice you'll leave links and comments for myself and others to read so we all can achieve healthier lifestyles.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment